Last Thursday my group pitched our game design for D.O.N. (Drop Off Network), the game about the traveling salesman. I was very pleased with out presentation. Sarah made a visual representation of what a level would look like and I made some sample graphs to solve. We explained how our game would be played and the rules of each problem:
1. The player starts at any one business and has to travel to all other businesses along the roads shown.
2. The player can only travel on each road once.
3. The player can only visit each business once.
4. The goal is to find the optimum route that accomplishes this, although there is a small margin of error.
I realized that some of the graphs that I had drawn were impossible by those rules. This is probably were a computer is superior to humans. If presented a graph and told to find routes, the compiter would check everything and then say that none exists, while if told a solution exists, a person will continue to look and look, thinking that maybe they will find it soon, even if none exists. I wonder if this can somehow be incorperated into our game somehow.
We also need to come up with an explaination why people can't go across the same road or visit the same business twice.
We recieved some feedback on not having a reset button, so that we can better look for algorithms to solve this problem. However, I think we should instead collect data everytime the reset button is pressed so we can see the way the solution unfolded to people.
No comments:
Post a Comment